Monday, September 08, 2008

playing with fire..

a moth to a flame. a fat kid to cake. whatever your analogy... i'm drawn to something : challenges.

Whether it be in love. Whether it be in conflicts or confrontations. I am person drawn to, whether negatively or positively, to challenges.

Its the curiosity of "seeing something through". Seeing how far I can push that envelope. See how much I can bend the rules. - Or break them, before someone stops me.

On the other side of this... More often than not, once I nourish my thirst for whatever challenge I'm hounding... I usually toss it aside like an old toy. I hardly stay interested past the initial intrigue. Which is why when I do, I know its worthwhile. Which is why when I do, I find it hard to disengage.

I was thinking though, after the happenings of today.... How unfortunate it is for someone who decides to play with my fire. Play.. with me. How unfortunate it would be for those who don't know this side of me. I am not one to back down first. People usually get in trouble if they don't know this. If you push me, I'll push back. If you draw a line, I will cross it.

And for someone who has something to lose, this can be dangerous. They're gambling with something, I.. am simply being entertained. I've already weighed out the risks, and I never indulge in something that may be "expensive". (at least for me)

I've said before that when someone decides to play games... they should be responsible for their own actions. It shouldn't be my fault if you've pushed yourself too far. It shouldn't be my responsibility if you find yourself "in too deep". Just as if I realize I am "doing something I shouldn't be doing", I would stop and clean up my own mess... so should they.

For example. If I'm not allergic to chocolate, I can devour as much of it as I like. However if you know this chocolate could be dangerous for you, should it be my responsibility if you should decide to join me? .... i think not.

I wonder why then... when people get burned by the fires i light, get caught in the webs that I weave.... do they then point the finger, and blame the flames?

"I am your desire. I am your favorite lick of fire." - Storm Large.

2 comments:

Nishanth said...

clearly visible that you post wat you think currently...remarkably written....

cheers !!

Shazy Boy said...

i think i am out of words for what you have written... caus every article well is as unique and seems to have indivisualistic sould to it as if it were a human... i really love your articles...